CIA, NSC, head of Cannistraro Associates
According to Cannistraro, the US was funding the PLO in the early 1980s by hiring them to serve as security for the US embassy in Lebanon. 
Nicaraguan Contras Edit
Cannistraro was working undercover in Central America before 1984, when Oliver North made him director of intelligence for the National Security Council. According to Francisco Gil-White, Cannistraro "created and ran the Contras from start to finish". 
Afghan Mujahideen Edit
Vincent Cannistraro led the Afghanistan Working Group in the Reagan White House, when the US funded the Afghan mujahideen. 
Lockerbie bombing Edit
As the head of CIA’s Lockerbie bombing investigation until October 1990, Cannistraro had helped provide the intelligence that pointed the finger away from drug-running and towards Libya. Previously he had worked alongside Colonel Oliver North in a secret program designed to destabilize the Gadafy, regime.
The day of the OKC bombing, Cannistraro claimed to have been called by a 'Saudi general' who told him that a squad of Iraqi soldiers was operating in the US and had been planning to blow up the Murrah Federal building, who supposedly then apologised for not having mentioned it earlier.
Cannistraro set about spreading this information around in the aftermath of the bombing.
Muslim Brotherhood fundraising Edit
In 1996, Cannistraro claimed that there were no known connections between Muslim charity fundraising in the United States and the financing of Islamic terrorism. 
Al Qaeda and Iraq Edit
Cannistraro is reported to have "known Tarik Hamdi for years."
Hamid worked for Osama bin Laden and reportedly, also, for the Goverment of Iraq in Turkey.
Cannistraro "organized an interview with Osama bin Laden for ABC News in 1998" 
Islamic Jihad Edit
From Steven Emerson: 
"Cannistraro was a long-time apologist for now-convicted Palestinian Islamic Jihad operative Sami al-Arian, even going so far as writing a letter on Al-Arian's behalf after the University finally terminated him for repeatedly lying about his ties to the terrorist group."
Opposition to killing terrorists Edit
See also Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 interview: vincent cannistraro, PBS, http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/target/interviews/cannistraro.html
- ↑ Francisco Gil-White, The modern "Protocols of Zion", part 3, 2005 August 25, http://www.hirhome.com/israel/mprot3.htm
- ↑ About Vince, Intelligence Brief, http://web.archive.org/web/20090228004143/http://intelligencebrief.net/aboutvince.htm
- ↑ by John Ashton, US Government Still on Ropes Over Lockerbie, The Mail on Sunday, 1996 June 9, via Plane Truth, http://www.plane-truth.com/Aoude/geocities/coleman1.html
- ↑ Gayle Reaves and Steve McGonigle, Paper trail leads to Hamas, Dallas Morning News, 1996 August 4, http://www.investigativeproject.org/505/paper-trail-leads-to-hamas
- ↑ Francisco Gil-White, Reader Asks: “Doesn't Israel Fund Hamas?”, 2005 15 June, http://www.hirhome.com/israel/cia.htm
- ↑ Steven Emerson, Cannistraro, Apologist: Then and Now, 2007 November 20, http://www.investigativeproject.org/553/cannistraro-apologist-then-and-now